Asian Rhinoplasty Specialist in Bay Area, Los Gatos CA
Dr. Eric Li, a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty, performs Asian rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, to address these typical issues. His goal is to provide Asian patients with desirable noses that complement their other facial features. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 555 Knowles Drive, Suite 218 Los Gatos, CA 95032. We serve clients from Los Gatos CA, Campbell CA, Saratoga CA, Cupertino CA, San Jose CA, Mountain View CA, and surrounding areas.
Asian noses differ from Caucasian noses in that they tend to have a lower bridge, a less projecting tip, and a wider and more rounded base. These features make the Asian nose ethnic, and the goal of surgery should always be to preserve while improving these features. At the time of your consultation, Dr. Li will analyze your nose in detail and discuss whether Asian Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty) is a good option for you.
Raising the nose bridge and building a more projecting tip is a common request (Radix and Dorsal Augmentation). Dr. Li’s preferred technique is to use your own cartilage, particularly rib cartilage, to add structure and support to your nose. Another technique that is common is narrowing of the width of the base of your nose (Alar Base Surgery).
For many patients, it may be difficult to commit to surgery, for various reasons. In these situations, one may consider liquid/filler rhinoplasty. The treatment has its limitations and does not have the same power as surgery but is an in-office procedure with no downtime and produces results that can be reversed.
SURGERY UNDER GENERAL ANESTHETIC
GO HOME THE SAME DAY (DAY SURGERY)
RETURN TO NORMAL ACTIVITIES WITHIN 1-2 WEEKS
RESULTS ARE PERMANENT AND LONG-STANDING
RAISE THE BRIDGE AND DORSUM OF YOUR NOSE
INCREASE THE PROJECTION OF YOUR NOSE
INCREASE THE DEFINITION OF YOUR TIP
HIGHLIGHT AND ACCENTUATE YOUR ETHNIC FEATURES
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE SURGERY
- You will be evaluated by Dr. Li at the time of your initial consultation to determine if Asian Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty) is the best option for you
- You will be required to quit smoking and oral contraceptives 4 weeks before surgery
- You will need to complete testing before surgery, which may include a physical with your PCP/primary physician, blood work, and an ECG
- Prescriptions for your surgery will be sent to your local pharmacy, please obtain these medications ahead of time and bring them to your surgery
- A deposit is required to secure your surgery date
- Full payment is required 2 weeks before surgery; payment options include cash, cashier’s check, or credit through Alphaeon or CareCredit
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SURGERY
- General anesthesia can sometimes cause generalized body soreness and fatigue for a couple of days
- Maximum discomfort will occur in the first few days after surgery and gradually improve
- You will not be allowed to engage in any significant exercise (e.g. running, lifting weights) for 3 weeks
- You will need to use nasal rinses to clear congestion and ice-packs after surgery to decrease swelling
- You will wear a splint over your nose for 1 week
- You may experience temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, or a burning sensation involving your nose; bruising and swelling takes several weeks to improve; numbness takes a couple months to normalize
- Scars may be red and firm for approximately 6 months before they soften and fade