Asian Jawline Reduction Surgery Specialist in Bay Area, Los Gatos CA
Patients with a prominent, masculine jawline may benefit from jawline reduction surgery. Making the face more slim and feminine is the goal. For clients seeking Asian jawline reduction, CA Aesthetics, Bay Area plastic surgery clinic, provides thorough and high-quality service. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 555 Knowles Drive, Suite 218 Los Gatos, CA 95032. We serve clients from Los Gatos CA, Campbell CA, Saratoga CA, Cupertino CA, San Jose CA, Mountain View CA, and surrounding areas.
Asian faces can sometimes feature a very prominent jawline, which causes the face to be more square-shaped, whereas current Asian trends favor a more androgynous inverse egg-shaped face. A prominent jawline can be caused by excess lower cheek fat, enlargement of the chewing muscle (masseter), or the shape of the bone itself. At the time of your consultation, Dr. Li will analyze your face in detail and discuss whether Asian Jawline Reduction Surgery is a good option for you.
Asian Jawline Reduction (V-Line) surgery involves surgical shaving of the bone at the angle of the jaw to reduce its prominence. Incisions are hidden inside the mouth. If there is excess fat involving the lower cheeks, this can also be reduced with very careful liposuction.
For many patients, it may be difficult to commit to surgery, for various reasons. In these situations, one may consider Botox to the jawline muscles. The treatment has its limitations but is an in-office procedure with no downtime and produces results that can be reversed over time (3-6 months).
SURGERY UNDER GENERAL ANESTHETIC
GO HOME THE SAME DAY (DAY SURGERY)
RETURN TO NORMAL ACTIVITIES WITHIN 1-2 WEEKS
SURGICAL RESULTS ARE PERMANENT AND LONG-STANDING
INJECT BOTOX INTO YOUR MASSETER MUSCLES
GO HOME IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE INJECTIONS
RETURN TO NORMAL ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATELY
JAWLINE REDUCTION IS TEMPORARY AND LASTS 3-6 MONTHS
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE SURGERY
- You will be evaluated by Dr. Li at the time of your initial consultation to determine if Asian Jawline Surgery is the best option for you
- You will be required to quit smoking and oral contraceptives 4 weeks before surgery
- You will need to complete testing before surgery, which may include a physical with your PCP/primary physician, blood work, an ECG, and CT Facial Bones
- Prescriptions for your surgery will be sent to your local pharmacy, please obtain these medications ahead of time and bring them to your surgery
- A deposit is required to secure your surgery date
- Full payment is required 2 weeks before surgery; payment options include cash, cashier’s check, or credit through Alphaeon or CareCredit
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SURGERY
- General anesthesia can sometimes cause generalized body soreness and fatigue for a couple of days
- Maximum discomfort will occur in the first few days after surgery and gradually improve
- You will not be allowed to engage in any significant exercise (e.g. running, lifting weights) for 4 weeks
- You will need to use oral rinses and ice-packs after surgery to decrease swelling
- You may experience temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, or a burning sensation involving your jawline, lips, and chin; bruising and swelling takes several weeks to improve; numbness takes a couple months to normalize
- Scars may be red and firm for approximately 6 months before they soften and fade