Breast Revision Surgery Specialist in Bay Area, Los Gatos CA
Old breast implants are replaced with fresh ones during breast implant revision surgery. While upgrading the implant material, it is frequently also desired to alter or improve the appearance of the breasts, which may involve a concomitant breast lift or reduction. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 555 Knowles Drive, Suite 218 Los Gatos, CA 95032. We serve clients from Los Gatos CA, Campbell CA, Saratoga CA, Cupertino CA, San Jose CA, Mountain View CA, and surrounding areas.
Revision Aesthetic Breast Surgery may be sometimes be necessary after previous Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift Surgery.
Revision procedures are often more challenging as the natural canvas of the breasts has been altered (often unfavorably). Fortunately, Dr. Li is an expert in breast revision surgery. At the time of your consultation, Dr. Li will analyze your breasts in detail to identify the presenting problem(s) and develop a tailored surgical plan to address each specific issue.
In Breast Revision Surgery cases, Dr. Li utilizes his full compendium of technical skills to fix each issue you may have. Techniques he often uses include some combination of pocket modification with or without supporting graft materials, removal of scar tissue, fat grafting to address contour deformities, exchange or removal of implants, and/or breast lifting.
Different techniques are often necessary on the two sides to restore more symmetrical size and shape to the breasts.
SURGERY UNDER GENERAL ANESTHETIC
GO HOME THE SAME DAY (DAY SURGERY)
RETURN TO NORMAL ACTIVITIES IN 1-2 WEEKS
RESTORE FULL, PERKY, AND YOUTHFUL BREASTS
RESTORE BETTER SHAPE AND SOFTNESS TO YOUR BREASTS
ACHIEVE BETTER SYMMETRY BEWTEEN YOUR BREASTS
TREAT CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE OR IMPLANT MALPOSITION
EXCHANGE OR REMOVE IMPLANTS TO BETTER MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE SURGERY
- You will be evaluated by Dr. Li at the time of your initial consultation to determine if Breast Revision Surgery is the best option for you
- You will be required to quit smoking and oral contraceptives 4 weeks before surgery
- You will need to complete testing before surgery, which may include a physical with your PCP/primary physician, blood work, and an ECG
- Prescriptions for your surgery will be sent to your local pharmacy, please obtain these medications ahead of time and bring them to your surgery
- A deposit is required to secure your surgery date
- Full payment is required 2 weeks before surgery; payment options include cash, cashier’s check, or credit through Alphaeon or CareCredit
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SURGERY
- General anesthesia can sometimes cause generalized body soreness and fatigue for a couple of days
- Maximum discomfort will occur in the first few days after surgery and gradually improve
- You will not be allowed to lift more than 10lbs for 4 weeks as a safety precaution
- You will be provided a bra and compression garment to wear; it is recommended that you wear this for 6 weeks to help shape your breasts and minimize swelling
- You may have drains after surgery and you will be given instructions on how to care of them
- You may experience temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, or a burning sensation involving your breasts and over areas you had liposuction; bruising and swelling takes several weeks to improve; numbness takes a couple months to normalize
- Scars may be red and firm for approximately 6 months before they soften and fade