Hand Rejuvenation Treatment Specialist in Bay Area, Los Gatos CA
Hand rejuvenation enhances the appearance and feel of your hands’ skin while reducing wrinkles and visible veins. Patients seeking the most realistic results for hand rejuvenation frequently choose our plastic surgery clinic. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 555 Knowles Drive, Suite 218 Los Gatos, CA 95032. We serve clients from Los Gatos CA, Campbell CA, Saratoga CA, Cupertino CA, San Jose CA, Mountain View CA, and surrounding areas.
Over time, our hands undergo wear and tear from constant use and sun exposure, and much like the face, can wrinkle, sag, and lose volume. If your hands start to make you feel older and are a mismatch with your face or body, it may be time to consider Hand Rejuvenation Procedures. At the time of your consultation, Dr. Li will analyze your specific concerns in detail and discuss whether Hand Rejuvenation is a good option for you.
Lost volume in the hand can be replenished with either fillers or fat grafts. Fillers can be done as an office procedure with no downtime. In the fat grafting method, Liposuction is typically performed in areas of excess fat such as the abdomen below the belly button or the armpit area next to the breast. The fat is then processed and carefully injected into your hand. If there is wrinkling of the skin of the hand, this can be rejuvenated with resurfacing procedures such as microneedling, light chemical peels, or lasers (also offered at our practice).
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE SURGERY
- You will be evaluated by Dr. Li at the time of your initial consultation to determine if hand rejuvenation is the best option for you
- You will be required to quit smoking and oral contraceptives 4 weeks before surgery
- You will need to complete testing before surgery, which may include a physical with your PCP/primary physician, blood work, and an ECG
- Prescriptions for your surgery will be sent to your local pharmacy, please obtain these medications ahead of time and bring them to your surgery
- A deposit is required to secure your surgery date
- Full payment is required 2 weeks before surgery; payment options include cash, cashier’s check, or credit through Alphaeon or CareCredit
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SURGERY
- General anesthesia can sometimes cause generalized body soreness and fatigue for a couple of days
- Maximum discomfort will occur in the first few days after surgery and gradually improve
- You may experience temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, or a burning sensation over areas you had liposuction and/or fat grafting; bruising and swelling takes several weeks to improve; numbness takes a couple months to normalize
- It will take approximately 2 months for complete swelling to resolve in your hands
- Scars may be red and firm for approximately 6 months before they soften and fade