Male Tummy Tuck Specialist in Bay Area, Los Gatos CA
The abdominal muscles will be tightened and extra skin will be removed during the majority of stomach tuck treatments. Patients have the option of undergoing tummy tuck surgery to have the desired abdominal appearance. Make an appointment with Dr. Eric Li immediately! For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 555 Knowles Drive, Suite 218 Los Gatos, CA 95032. We serve clients from Los Gatos CA, Campbell CA, Saratoga CA, Cupertino CA, San Jose CA, Mountain View CA, and surrounding areas.
Tummy tuck surgery, or abdominoplasty, is a great surgical option for patients who want to remove excess and outstretched abdominal skin after pregnancy or weight loss. At the time of your consultation, Dr. Li will analyze your abdomen in detail and discuss whether Tummy Tuck Surgery is a good option for you.
In the standard procedure, liposuction is first performed in the torso, including the upper abdomen and flanks. Excess skin and fat are then removed from the torso, and healthy skin is brought downwards to create the new abdomen. At the same time, muscles which may been stretched apart are brought back together. The belly button is re-used. The result is a smooth and tight abdomen with a final scar which is low and hidden.
In some situations, there may also be excess skin involving the back and/or bilateral thighs, which may require removal for the best results. These surgeries are more complicated and involve a more extended recovery.
SURGERY UNDER GENERAL ANESTHETIC
GO HOME THE SAME DAY (DAY SURGERY)
RETURN TO NORMAL ACTIVITIES IN 2-3 WEEKS
RESTORE A YOUTHFUL AND FLAT ABDOMEN
ELIMINATE EXCESS ABDOMINAL SKIN AND FAT
RESTORE INTEGRITY TO YOUR ABDOMINAL MUSCLES
ENHANCE YOUR HIP-TO-WAIST RATIO
FINAL SCARS ARE LOW AND EASILY HIDDEN
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE SURGERY
- You will be evaluated by Dr. Li at the time of your initial consultation to determine if Tummy Tuck Surgery is the best option for you
- You will be required to quit smoking and oral contraceptives 4 weeks before surgery
- You will need to complete testing before surgery, which may include a physical with your PCP/primary physician, blood work, and an ECG
- Prescriptions for your surgery will be sent to your local pharmacy, please obtain these medications ahead of time and bring them to your surgery
- A deposit is required to secure your surgery date
- Full payment is required 2 weeks before surgery; payment options include cash, cashier’s check, or credit through Alphaeon or CareCredit
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SURGERY
- General anesthesia can sometimes cause generalized body soreness and fatigue for a couple of days
- Maximum discomfort will occur in the first few days after surgery and gradually improve
- You will be provided a compression garment to wear; it is recommended that you wear this for 6 weeks to help shape your body and minimize swelling
- You may experience temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, or a burning sensation involving your abdomen and over areas you had liposuction; bruising and swelling takes several weeks to improve; numbness takes a couple months to normalize
- Scars may be red and firm for approximately 6 months before they soften and fade