Botox Treatment for Men in Bay Area, Los Gatos CA
Reducing facial wrinkles is the most common reason for men to have Botox injections. Men who want to lessen the look of fine lines and wrinkles can benefit from Botox because it is made to treat various lines on the face. Dr. Li, our double board-certified plastic surgeon, provides consultation to walk you through the procedure and go over your individual skin care requirements. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 555 Knowles Drive, Suite 218 Los Gatos, CA 95032. We serve clients from Los Gatos CA, Campbell CA, Saratoga CA, Cupertino CA, San Jose CA, Mountain View CA, and surrounding areas.
Botox is the common name for Botulinum toxin, a medication that is used to reduce facial wrinkles. Forehead, central brow, and lateral eye wrinkles were the first areas to be treated and remain popular treatment areas today. Botox works by weakening facial muscles which wrinkle the skin when we squint or frown. Once the muscles are weakened or paralyzed, creasing of the skin is lessened, and skin becomes smoother over time.
Because only minute amounts of Botox are injected, select facial muscles can be targeted. Once injected, the muscles will relax within 5-7 days and less wrinkles will be observed. Results usually last for 3-4 months. The less severe your wrinkles, the better Botox will work, so Botox every 3-4 months creates the best results.
Another application of Botox is slimming of the jawline contour. Botox injected into masseter muscle can cause it to weaken and eventually undergo slimming (atrophy), which also benefits patients who grind their teeth or have temporomandibular joint issues. When Botox is used in this fashion, it may take a month before a slimming effect is noticeable.
QUICK IN-OFFICE PROCEDURE
RETURN TO NORMAL ACTIVITIES WITHIN HOURS
MINIMAL TO ZERO DISCOMFORT WITH TOPICAL ANESTHETIC
RESULTS LAST FOR 3-4 MONTHS OR LONGER IF REPEATED
LOOK YOUNGER, FRESHER, AND REVITALIZED
SMOOTH OUT FACIAL LINES AND WRINKLES
SLIM DOWN YOUR LOWER FACE WITH JAWLINE INJECTIONS
HAVE TREATMENTS PERFORMED BY DR. LI PERSONALLY
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE TREATMENT
- Ideally, come to your consultation with any facial creams or make-up as this will need to be wiped off before treatment
- Arrive earlier than your appointment time to have topical anesthetic placed on your treatment areas
- Bring music or something to read while you wait for the topical anesthetic to take effect
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER TREATMENT
- There can be minor bruising or swelling of the skin at the site of injection, which can last a few days
- Do not re-apply make-up for 12 hours post-injection, to minimize the risk of infection (very low)
- Do not do high-intensity exercise for 12 hours post-injection, as this may cause more bruising
- Botox will begin working within 5 days – be patient