Men’s Buccal Fat Removal Specialist in Bay Area, Los Gatos CA
Surgery to remove extra buccal fat from a particular part of the cheek is known as buccal fat removal. The goal of buccal fat removal for men is to reduce extra cheek fat in male patients who have round, chubby cheeks or who just want a more defined appearance. Buccal fat removal surgery is offered by CA Aesthetics in Los Gatos and the Bay Area. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 555 Knowles Drive, Suite 218 Los Gatos, CA 95032. We serve clients from Los Gatos CA, Campbell CA, Saratoga CA, Cupertino CA, San Jose CA, Mountain View CA, and surrounding areas.
Buccal fat removal has rapidly increased in popularity over the past few years and can be an effective way to enhance the definition of your lower face. At the time of your consultation, Dr. Li will analyze your face in detail and discuss whether Buccal Fat Removal is a good option for you.
The buccal fat pad is a naturally-occuring fat pad in the cheeks. In patients with a fuller face, a portion of the fat pad can sometimes be removed to help create a slimmer appearance to the lower face. Other features may also contribute to a fuller face, such as a promiment jawline, or deficient cheek, and sometimes these features can be altered in addition to buccal fat removal.
Buccal fat removal is performed with incisions placed inside the mouth. Absorbable sutures are placed inside the mouth and dissolve on their own over time. Surgery can be performed under local anesthetic or general anesthetic.
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE SURGERY
- You will be evaluated by Dr. Li at the time of your initial consultation to determine if Buccal Fat Removal Surgery is the best option for you
- You will be required to quit smoking 4 weeks before surgery
- You may need to complete testing before surgery, which may include a physical with your PCP/primary physician, blood work, and an ECG
- Prescriptions for your surgery will be sent to your local pharmacy, please obtain these medications ahead of time and bring them to your surgery
- A deposit is required to secure your surgery date
- Full payment is required 2 weeks before surgery; payment options include cash, cashier’s check, or credit through Alphaeon or CareCredit
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SURGERY
- General anesthesia can sometimes cause generalized body soreness and fatigue for a couple of days
- Maximum discomfort will occur in the first few days after surgery and gradually improve
- You will need to use ice packs after surgery to decrease swelling
- You will not be allowed to engage in any significant exercise (e.g. running, lifting weights) for 2 weeks
- You may experience temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, or a burning sensation involving your face; bruising and swelling takes several weeks to improve; numbness takes a couple months to normalize
- Scars may be red and firm for approximately 6 months before they soften and fade
BUCCAL FAT REMOVAL